This pre-course will be offered in a 1,5 day live event on
Saturday, September 16, 8:30-18:00
Sunday, September 17, 8:30-12:00
To learn the relevant immobilization techniques of the upper and lower limbs:
d. Specific assets: shoulder, finger.
To learn how to manage sutures of wound injuries in the ED.
This session will take place over a day involving EPs, orthopedic surgeons and immobilization technicians ED nurses. This session will be exclusively practical and interactive. Experts will show how to carry out the various casts and wound closures and answer the course attendees’ questions.
- Immobilization workshop with 2 groups: All trainees will practice with each other with the support of the trainers. The goal is to provide skills in all types of immobilization of limbs.
- Sutures workshop: trainees will practice on simulation tool
- Jean-Jacques Banihachemi (Course-Director): Emergency Physician, FR
- Alberto Gregori: Orthopedic Surgeon, UK
- Patricia O’Connor: Emergency Physician, UK
- Benoit Gaulin : Orthopedic Surgeon, FR
- Maximilien Thoma: Emergency Physician, BE
- Emilie Delloye: Emergency Physician, BE
- Céline Laposta: Nurse, FR
- Rémi Dewez: Nurse, immobilization technician, FR
- Sabine Smeets: Nurse, immobilization technician, BE
This course is suitable for all. Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics, Trainees, Medical students.
To be handed over onsite at the course:
The costs for this course are
€ 399* for physicians
€ 230* for nurses, paramedics, trainees and students
*All prices exclusing VAT
Please register through your MyEUSEM account by clicking on the EUSEM Congress registration button. From the Pre-courses tab you can select the pre-courses you would like to join.
|08:30 – 08:40||Welcome|
|08:40 – 10:00||Introduction of the course and presentation of the basic rules on immobilization techniques|
|10:00 – 12:00||Practice on immobilization workshop (Plaster) Part 1|
|10:45 – 11:15||Coffee break|
|11:15 – 12:45||Practice on immobilization workshop (Plaster) Part 2|
|12:45 – 13:45||Lunch|
|13:45 – 15:45||Practice on immobilization workshop (Plaster) Part 3|
|15:45 – 16:15||Coffee break|
|16:15 – 17:00||Practice on immobilization workshop (Plaster) Part 4|
|17:00 – 18:00||Clinical Cases series with quiz MCQ|
|08:30 – 09:00||Basic rules on suture techniques|
|09:00 – 10:30||Sutures Workshop part 1|
|11:00-11:30||Sutures Workshop part 2|
|11:30 – 12:00||Conclusion|